Free Medical/ Engineering Exam Papers!
“Join Edge today to practice & ace CET & PMT”
NEET Free Test is Available Now - Hurry!
Recommended Books for NEET-UG
Latest on Medical Admission
- MHN-P.B.B.Sc-CET 2013 Exam Dates, Application Process, Eligibility Criteria & Exam Pattern
- No NEET-UG for MBBS/BDS admissions next year onwards!
- Supreme Court quashes common entrance exam for admission in medical colleges (NEET)
- AFMC Shortlisting for MBBS Admission 2013 – Cutoff for Boys-512 & Girls-560
- NEET-UG Update: Download 15% All India Quota Counseling Letter From CBSE Website
- State-wise NEET-UG offices where counseling related information may be available
- NEET UG 2013 Answer key download Set W, X, Y, Z
- NEET-UG Test Series, Practice Questions, Model Paper and Mock Test
- NEET-UG Mobile App for Android Users – EDGE+
- State wise medical seats for MBBS in India
- What will be the pattern of NEET-UG 2013 exam?
- Know all about NEET-UG
Gradebook.in spreads awareness, not spam.
Tamil Nadu MBBS cut offs to drop – more seats expected
May 13, 2012
In Tamil Nadu, the sale of applications for MBBS seats – online and offline – will begin on May 15 and their submission deadline will be June 2. The counselling for Medical seats will begin by July 2. It is likely that the state government will add 285 new seats to government medical colleges this year. The cut-offs are also expected to come down by 0.5 to 1.25 marks, making it easier for students to get a seat this year.
Medical Council of India (MCI) is likely to flag off a new medical college in Sivaganga. The State has also requested the MCI to increase MBBS seats in Madras Medical College from 165 to 250, at Stanley Medical College from 150 to 250, and 50 each in Chengalpet Medical College and Kilpauk Medical College. The government is looking into upgrading the infrastructure, faculty strength, and medical equipments in these medical colleges to facilitate the increase in number of seats in these colleges.
At present, Tamil Nadu has 1,945 MBBS seats across 17 medical colleges. Read more
Academic experts also feel that since the Physics and Biology papers were tougher this year, cut-offs are likely to come down 0.5 to 1.25 marks. Hence, students of previous batches, who could not secure a seat last year, may have better chances this year.
Students aiming to study at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences will have better chances to secure a seat as six new branches of AIIMS have been established at Bhopal, Patna, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Raipur and Bhubaneswar, albeit at a higher fees than AIIMS, Delhi.
In Madhya Pradesh, private medical colleges charge as much as Rs 30 and 35 lakh for an MBBS seat and Rs 70 lakh to 1.5 crore for an MD seat in most sought-after courses, such as radiology, orthopaedics, dermatology, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynecology. See details
India needs 7 lakh more doctors in about a decade, isn’t it high time medical education is made more accessible and affordable? Share your thoughts here.
|Have further questions – ask Gradebook.in Adviser!
We consistently update our registered user with changes and provide guidance wherever possible. Please register by providing you email for future update notifications and guidance.Thousands of aspirants are getting benefited by our regular updates, what are you waiting for?
Stay Tuned – Register now!