Recommended Books for NEET-UG Free Medical/ Engineering Exam Papers!
“Join Edge today to practice & ace CET & PMT”
NEET Free Test is Available Now - Hurry!
Latest on Medical Admission
- NEET UG 2013 Answer key download Set W, X, Y, Z
- NEET-UG in Karnataka State has been postponed to 18th May, 2013 due to Assembly Elections
- NEET-UG date of downloading Admit Cards online – 10th April, 2013
- JIPMER 2013 application forms out now for admission in MBBS
- DCI bans use of animals in dental training
- NEET-UG Test Series, Practice Questions, Model Paper and Mock Test
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth AICET 2013 Exam Dates, Application Form, Pattern & Result
- NEET-UG 2013 Admit Card will be available in April
- COMEDK Notification for UGET-2013 –Brochure
- KEA CET 2013 for Engineering, Medical and other professional courses admission
- NEET-UG Mobile App for Android Users – EDGE+
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU) invites applications for MBBS / BDS / MD / MS courses through NEET 2013
- AIIMS invites application for MBBS Medical entrance exam 2013
- EAMCET registration process started for admission in Medical, Engineering & Agriculture courses in 2013
- AMU PMT 2013 Exam Dates, Test Pattern, Application Form Online and Syllabus
- Will NEET-UG 2013 be cancelled? Latest Updates
- SDUAHER-AIUGMET 2013 Exam Dates, Application Form & Instructions
- State wise medical seats for MBBS in India
- Will there be negative marking in NEET-UG 2013?
- What will be the pattern of NEET-UG 2013 exam?
- Know all about NEET-UG
- NEET UG 2013 will be conducted in regional languages too
Gradebook.in spreads awareness, not spam.
- IIT JEE Main 2013 information bulletin is available now
- Common test for all Gujarat students; GUJCET to join NEET and IIT-JEE
- IITJEE – Advanced will be an objective test [2013 pattern]
- UPSEE 2012 is scheduled for 21st, 22nd and 28th April by GBTU
- After a buzz for 1 week – IIT retains the JEE name for common entrance exam 2013 onwards
- IIM CAT 2011-12: Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Practice Tests, Results, GD & PI Guide
- Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT) 2012: Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus & Results
- Engineering Entrance Exam Calendar for 2012
- How to prepare for ‘multiple choice questions’ (MCQ) based exams?
- Previous Year Test Papers
- Ranking: MBA | Engineering | Medical
- Admission Calendar: Registration, Exam, Result & Counseling Dates
Drama continues with NEET-UG
December 19, 2011
Tagged with: AIPMT 2012 • Medical Entrance • NEET • NEET-UG
Supreme Court (SC) has declined the center’s plea to defer the first common entrance exam for all the MBBS courses pan India. SC embarrassed the Union Government and Medical Council of India (MCI) by rejecting their application and also asked them to withdraw their application as soon as possible.
A bench of Justices H L Dattu and C K Prasad reinstated that the common entrance exam was framed on the joint request of the MCI and the union health ministry. The bench told to the center’s counsel that court could not be the part of this decision. The bench clearly stated that, “Either start it or withdraw your application.”
Earlier, the health ministry had moved an application seeking to defer the exam in wake of objections raised by several states and time required to embrace national level test. The ministry stated that the students wanted time to get familiar with the syllabus prescribed by MCI. Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa showed willingness to join NEET-UG from 2013-14 but Andhra Pradesh required exemption for two years, stating that it would join from 2014-15.
Supreme Court has also cleared deck for the Centre and MCI in March, and allowed them to conduct a common entrance test for the MBBS and PG courses. According to an affidavit submitted by CBSE, the online submissions for NEET-UG were to begin from 1st to 16th December, 2011. The test was to be held on May 13, 2012 with results in the last week of June.
The big confusion!
Central Board of Secondary Education – CBSE had already officially notified that AIPMT would happen in 2012 and NOT NEET-UG, on the assumption that SC would allow the deferment for NEET-UG by one year. See NEET-UG finally cancelled for 2012 – Official Notice
Though the dates for AIPMT 2012 were notified as – “The prelim test will be held on 1st April, 2012 (Sunday) and the main test will be held on 13th May, 2012 (Sunday)”, CBSE did not provide information on the application forms. Are they waiting for the decision from Supreme Court? And if yes then, SC has rejected the plea.
So now what?
No confirmed news yet from MCI/ CBSE on what will take place AIPMT or NEET-UG? MCI and Union Heath Ministry will have to consider the options soon and notify.
We had earlier shared our view on the difference of syllabus between AIPMT 2012 and proposed NEET-UG. This clearly shows that students need to have a final verdict on which syllabus they need to follow as per the test.
This complete episode on Medical Entrance test this year was surrounded with a lot of confusion for students and they have already lost their valuable time. Still there is no one to consider student’s problems and pain – as many of them have board exams approaching. They need time to study for board exam and revise 11th syllabus as well to score well in any competitive exam. Provided that the confusion is not cleared yet, it’s going to be more dramatic.
We wish that clarity on medical entrance in 2012 comes soon to relieve students and allow them to concentrate on the board exam and entrance test preparation.
|More detailed information will be available soon on Medical Entrance Exams. We consistently update our registered user with changes and provide guidance wherever possible.
Please register by providing you email for future update notifications and guidance.Thousands of aspirants are getting benefited by our regular updates, what are you waiting for?
Stay tuned – Register now!